Sunday, July 12, 2015

Organic Greek Avocado Dip {Recipe}

We traveled to Florida for July 4th weekend to visit family. While we were there, we had a huge family cookout. Amongst the chaos in the kitchen, I whipped up a simple avocado greek yogurt dip and it was gone in minutes! Everyone asked for the recipe and couldn't believe yogurt was one of the main ingredients.

To me, when I think of yogurt, I think of a healthy dessert or fruity treat. But working with Stonyfield for the past couple of years, they've pushed me to see yogurt in a whole new way- it can be savory too! This recipe got me outside of my box and was a delicious Summer treat.

Late July has a line of tortilla chips that are delicious! They have 7 different flavors and I bet the Sub Lime would be perfect with this recipe. We had the Sea Sale Seashore chips for the party and they were great, but I can't wait to try it with different flavors.

The organic dip I created is very simple and only uses a few ingredients- but it is packed full of flavor. I recently got a garlic press on Amazon for $18, and if you like garlic, I highly recommend getting one! Freshly minced garlic truly takes any dip or sauce to the next level.
In a bowl, mash your avocado with a fork until it is creamy, then add 5.3 oz of plain Stonyfield Greek Yogurt. I minced 2 garlic cloves for this recipe and added to the mix. I also added a little bit of salt, pepper, and lemon juice powder to taste. Mix all together and serve with Late July tortilla chips! 


*I am part of the Stonyfield YoGetters group of bloggers and receive compensation and products as part of the program. My opinion is not influenced in any way.



No comments:

Post a Comment